Are you a fan of the popular survival game ARK: Survival Evolved? Have you ever wanted to create your own private server where you and your friends can play together? Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of setting up your own private ARK server.
First, let’s talk about why you might want to create your own private server. While playing on public servers can be fun, it also means playing with strangers who may not have the same playstyle as you. By creating your own private server, you have full control over who can join and what the server settings are. This allows you to customize the game to your liking and play with your friends in a more private and controlled environment.
Before we get started, there are a few things you will need. First, you will need a computer that meets the minimum system requirements to run ARK: Survival Evolved. You will also need a reliable internet connection, as running a server requires uploading and downloading a significant amount of data. Finally, you will need a copy of the ARK: Survival Evolved game, which you can purchase on platforms like Steam.
Now that you have everything you need, let’s dive into the process of setting up your own private ARK server. We will cover topics such as server hosting options, server configuration, and inviting your friends to join. By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to create and manage your own private ARK server, providing you and your friends with hours of fun and excitement!
What is an ARK server?
An ARK server refers to a server used for hosting the popular survival video game ARK: Survival Evolved. In the game, players are stranded on a mysterious island filled with various dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. They must survive by gathering resources, crafting tools and weapons, building structures, taming dinosaurs, and battling other players or creatures.
ARK servers allow players to connect and play together in a shared world. These servers can be either official servers, provided by the game developers, or private servers created and managed by players. Private servers offer more customization options, control over gameplay settings, and the ability to play with a selected community of players.
Running your own private ARK server provides several advantages compared to playing on official servers. These advantages include:
- Customization: You can customize various gameplay settings such as gathering rates, experience gains, breeding rates, and more to create a unique gameplay experience.
- Control: With a private server, you have full control over who can join, allowing you to play with a selected group of friends or create a closed community.
- Mods and Plugins: Private servers support the use of mods and plugins, allowing you to enhance the game with additional features, content, and quality-of-life improvements.
- Performance: Private servers can offer better performance and reduced lag compared to crowded official servers, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience.
- Privacy: Playing on a private server allows you to have a more private and secure gaming experience, away from potential trolls or disruptive players.
Overall, having your own private ARK server provides a more personalized gaming experience and allows you to tailor the gameplay to your preferences, creating a unique and enjoyable adventure for you and your friends.
Why create your own private ARK server?
ARK: Survival Evolved is a popular multiplayer survival game where players find themselves stranded on an island filled with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. While there are official servers available for players to join, creating your own private ARK server offers several advantages:
- Full control: When you have your own private server, you have complete control over the game settings. You can customize various aspects of the game, such as the difficulty level, the taming speed, and the gathering rates, to create a unique gaming experience that suits your preferences.
- Privacy: Playing on a private server allows you to play with only your chosen group of friends or community members. This creates a more intimate and secure environment, as you don’t have to worry about interacting with random players who may not share the same gaming style or objectives.
- Performance: Official servers can sometimes be overcrowded, leading to lag and performance issues. By creating your own private ARK server, you can ensure a smoother gameplay experience for you and your friends, as the server resources are dedicated solely to your group.
- Modding support: Private servers often offer support for mods, which are user-created modifications that can enhance your gameplay experience. Mods can introduce new creatures, items, game mechanics, and even entirely new maps, providing endless possibilities for customization and exploration.
- Community building: Creating a private ARK server allows you to build a community around the game. You can invite like-minded players, create events, and foster a sense of camaraderie. This collaborative environment adds another layer of enjoyment to the game, as you can work together towards common goals or engage in friendly competition.
In summary, creating your own private ARK server offers you the freedom to customize the game according to your preferences, ensures privacy and performance, provides modding support, and enables you to build a community of players who share your gaming interests. Whether you prefer a casual gameplay experience with friends or a competitive environment with specific rules, a private ARK server can cater to your needs and enhance your overall gaming experience.
Step 1: Choosing a hosting provider
Creating your own private ARK server requires a reliable hosting provider that can ensure stability, low latency, and the necessary resources to support the ARK game.
Before choosing a hosting provider, consider the following factors:
- Server location: Select a hosting provider with servers located in a region that provides the best connectivity for you and your players. Ideally, choose a server location that is geographically close.
- Server specifications: Look for a hosting provider that offers high-performance servers with sufficient RAM, CPU power, and storage capacity to handle intensive gaming sessions.
- Price: Consider your budget and find a hosting provider that offers a suitable pricing plan. Keep in mind that cheap hosting options may sacrifice performance and support quality.
- Customer support: Choose a hosting provider that offers reliable customer support, preferably 24/7. It is important to have assistance available in case of technical issues or server maintenance.
- Customization options: If you have specific requirements for your ARK server configuration, ensure that the hosting provider allows for customization of server settings and mods.
- User reviews: Read reviews and feedback from other users to get an idea of the hosting provider’s reputation and reliability.
Once you have considered these factors, compare hosting providers that meet your criteria and select the one that best suits your needs. Some popular hosting providers for ARK servers include:
|– Wide range of server locations
– Easy-to-use control panel
– 24/7 customer support
|Starting at $15/month
|– High-performance servers
– Mobile app control
– Mod support
|Starting at €0.79/slot/month
|– Fast server provisioning
– SSD storage
– DDoS protection
|Starting at $17/month
Remember to consider your specific requirements and budget when making your decision.
Factors to consider when choosing a hosting provider
When setting up your own private ARK server, choosing the right hosting provider is crucial. There are several factors to consider that can impact the performance and reliability of your server. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Server Specs: Consider the hardware specifications of the hosting provider’s servers. Look for providers that offer powerful processors, sufficient RAM, and SSD storage. These factors can greatly affect the server’s performance and loading times.
- Uptime Guarantee: Look for a hosting provider that offers a high uptime guarantee. This ensures that your server will be accessible to players most of the time without unexpected service interruptions.
- Network Quality: Check the hosting provider’s network infrastructure to ensure it is reliable and well-maintained. Look for providers with multiple data centers, robust network connections, and DDoS protection mechanisms to ensure smooth gameplay.
- Scalability: Consider the ability to easily scale your server’s resources as your player base grows. Look for hosting providers that offer flexible plans and allow you to upgrade your server’s specs or switch to a dedicated server if needed.
- Control Panel: Look for hosting providers that offer a user-friendly control panel for managing your server. A good control panel will make it easier to configure server settings, install mods, and monitor server performance.
- Support: Check what type of support the hosting provider offers. Look for providers that offer 24/7 customer support, preferably through multiple channels such as live chat, email, and phone. Reliable and responsive support can save you a lot of time and headaches in case of any issues.
- Price: Estab
Popular ARK server hosting providers
When it comes to hosting your own private ARK server, choosing the right hosting provider is crucial. A good server hosting provider will ensure that your server is reliable, has low latency, and is supported by a knowledgeable technical team. Here are some of the most popular ARK server hosting providers:
- Survival Servers: Survival Servers is one of the top ARK server hosting providers. They offer a variety of server locations worldwide, ensuring low latency for players around the globe. Their control panel is user-friendly and packed with features, making it easy to customize your server settings.
- Nitrado: Nitrado is a popular choice for ARK server hosting. They offer a wide range of server locations, allowing you to choose the one closest to you or your target player base. Nitrado’s control panel is intuitive and allows for easy server management.
- GTXGaming: GTXGaming is known for its reliable and high-performance ARK server hosting. They offer a range of server locations, as well as fast SSD storage for quick server loading times. GTXGaming’s customer support is available 24/7 to assist with any server-related issues.
- Host Havoc: Host Havoc is a reputable ARK server hosting provider with a solid track record. They offer a variety of server locations and focus on providing high-quality performance. Host Havoc’s control panel is user-friendly and allows for easy server customization.
These are just a few of the many options available for hosting your own private ARK server. When choosing a hosting provider, consider factors such as server locations, performance, customer support, and pricing to find the best fit for your needs.
Step 2: Installing and setting up the server
Once you have chosen the hardware and operating system for your private ARK server, it’s time to install and set up the server. Follow these steps to get started:
- Create a new folder on your computer where you want to install the server.
- Download the ARK server files from the official website or from a trusted source.
- Extract the downloaded files to the folder you created in step 1. This will unpack all the necessary files for the server.
- Open the folder and locate the “ShooterGame/Saved” folder. Inside this folder, create a new folder called “Config”.
- Download the server configuration files from the official website or from a trusted source, and place them inside the “Config” folder.
- Open the server configuration files using a text editor, such as Notepad, and customize the settings according to your preferences. Make sure to set the server name, password, maximum player limit, and other desired options.
- Save the changes you made to the configuration files.
- Run the server executable file, such as the “ShooterGameServer.exe” file, to start the server.
- Wait for the server to start up and load all the necessary files. This may take a few minutes, depending on your system.
- Once the server is running, you can connect to it using the ARK game client and the server IP address. Make sure to enter the correct server password, if you set one.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed and set up your private ARK server. Now you can enjoy playing with your friends and customizing the server settings to create your own unique gaming experience.
Downloading the ARK server files
To create your own private ARK server, you first need to download the necessary server files. Follow these steps to download the ARK server files:
- Visit the official ARK Survival Evolved website at https://survivetheark.com/.
- Navigate to the “Server Rentals” section or look for a link labeled “Downloads”.
- Click on the “Downloads” link to access the ARK server files.
- Look for the appropriate server files for your operating system. ARK supports Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Click on the download link for your chosen operating system.
Once the download is complete, you will have a compressed file containing the necessary ARK server files.
Note: The ARK server files can be quite large, so make sure you have enough disk space available.
Configuring the server settings
After setting up your private ARK server, you’ll need to configure various server settings to customize your gameplay experience. These settings can be adjusted in the server configuration file, which is usually found in the “ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer” folder.
Here are some important server settings you might want to adjust:
- Server Name: Set the name of your server, which will be displayed in the server browser for players to see.
- Admin Password: Set a password to access administrative commands and functions in the game.
- Player Slots: Specify the maximum number of players allowed on your server.
- Taming Speed: Adjust the speed at which players can tame dinosaurs or wild creatures.
- Harvesting Amount: Control the amount of resources players can gather from trees, rocks, and other sources.
- XP Multiplier: Modify the rate at which players earn experience points.
- Day/Night Cycle: Customize the length of the in-game day and night cycles.
- Dino Spawn Rates: Adjust the frequency at which dinosaurs and other creatures spawn in the game world.
Once you’ve made changes to the server configuration file, save it and restart your private ARK server for the changes to take effect.
Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that there are many more server settings available for customization, such as resource respawn rates, player stats, weather effects, and more. You can refer to the official ARK: Survival Evolved documentation or community forums for a comprehensive list of available server settings and their descriptions.
Remember, tweaking these server settings can greatly impact the gameplay experience on your private ARK server, so experiment and find the settings that suit your preferences and the preferences of your players.
Step 3: Managing your ARK server
Now that your private ARK server is up and running, it’s time to learn how to manage it effectively. Proper management ensures a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience for you and your friends. Here are some important aspects to consider when managing your ARK server:
- Server Settings: Access the server settings to customize various aspects of gameplay, such as taming speed, gather rates, and difficulty levels. Experiment with different settings to create the ideal environment for your gaming sessions.
- Admin Commands: As the server owner, you have access to admin commands that allow you to perform various tasks, such as teleporting players, spawning items, or even adjusting the time of day. Familiarize yourself with these commands to assist your players or enhance your gameplay.
- Player Management: Keep an eye on player behavior and address any issues that may arise. Create a friendly and inclusive environment by enforcing server rules and dealing with disruptive players if necessary.
- Backup and Restore: Regularly backup your server to prevent data loss due to unforeseen circumstances. In case of any issues, you can restore your server to a previous backup and ensure a seamless gaming experience for everyone.
- Game Updates: Stay informed about game updates and apply them to your server to access new content and bug fixes. Keeping your server up to date ensures compatibility with the latest version of ARK and provides an improved gaming experience.
- Community Interaction: Interact with your server’s community through in-game chat, forums, or a dedicated Discord server. Engage with players, gather feedback, and involve them in decision-making to foster a sense of community and increase player retention.
By effectively managing your ARK server, you can create an enjoyable gaming environment for yourself and your friends. Whether it’s tweaking server settings, using admin commands, or engaging with the community, taking the time to manage your server properly can greatly enhance your ARK experience. Happy gaming!
Utilizing server administration tools
When it comes to managing your private ARK server, there are several server administration tools that can help you streamline the process and make your life easier. These tools are designed to simplify tasks such as server configuration, player management, and server monitoring. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular server administration tools:
- ARK Server Manager: This is a comprehensive tool that provides an easy-to-use interface for managing your ARK server. It allows you to configure server settings, install mods, and keep track of player activity.
- RCON: RCON (Remote Console) is a protocol that allows you to remotely execute server commands. By using an RCON tool, you can easily manage your server from anywhere, without having to be in-game.
- ARK Server API: This is a powerful tool that provides an API (Application Programming Interface) for interacting with the ARK server. It allows you to automate server tasks, create custom plugins, and integrate third-party tools.
- Server Monitors: Server monitors are tools that help you keep an eye on the performance of your server. They provide real-time data on resource usage, player activity, and server health. Some popular server monitors include ASM Monitr, BattleMetrics, and ARKon.
By utilizing these server administration tools, you can save time and effort in managing your private ARK server. Whether you need to configure server settings, monitor player activity, or automate server tasks, these tools have got you covered.
What is an ARK server?
An ARK server is a multiplayer server for the game ARK: Survival Evolved, where players can connect and play together in the same game world.
Why would someone want to create their own private ARK server?
Creating your own private ARK server allows you to have more control over the game settings, mods, and who you play with. It also provides a more personalized gaming experience.
What are the requirements for creating a private ARK server?
The requirements for creating a private ARK server include a dedicated computer or server, a stable internet connection, and the ARK: Survival Evolved dedicated server software.
Is it difficult to set up a private ARK server?
Setting up a private ARK server can be a bit complex for beginners, but there are step-by-step guides and tutorials available online that can help simplify the process.
Can I modify the settings and gameplay on my private ARK server?
Yes, you can modify the settings and gameplay on your private ARK server. You have the freedom to adjust things like player rates, taming speed, and resource gathering, among others.
How To Create ARK: Survival Evolved Clusters (PC)
Ark Survival Evolved Dedicated Server Setup Using Server Manager
The Ultimate Guide to Creating ARK: Survival Evolved Servers! (PC)