Snapchat Geofilters are a popular way for users to personalize their Snapchats, adding a location-specific filter to their photos and videos. Whether you’re celebrating a wedding, promoting a business, or just having fun with friends, creating your own Geofilter can be a great way to add a little extra flair to your snaps.
One question that often comes up when it comes to creating Geofilters is how long it takes for Snapchat to review and approve them. After all, no one wants to spend time designing a Geofilter only to wait weeks for it to be approved. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of submitting a Geofilter and give you an idea of how long it typically takes for Snapchat to review and approve it.
The first step in creating a Geofilter is designing it. Snapchat provides a set of guidelines and templates to help you create a filter that meets their specifications. Once you have your design ready, you can submit it through Snapchat’s Geofilter Submission page. This is where the waiting game begins. It typically takes Snapchat 1-3 business days to review and approve a Geofilter, but during peak times or holidays, it may take longer. If there are any issues with your design, Snapchat will provide feedback and give you a chance to make changes before resubmitting.
How Long Does Snapchat Take to Review Geofilters?
When submitting a geofilter to Snapchat, one of the most common questions that arises is how long it will take for the filter to be reviewed and approved. Snapchat has a review process in place to ensure that all submitted geofilters comply with their guidelines and standards. While there is no definitive answer to how long this process takes, there are some factors to consider that may affect the review timeline:
- Submission Queue: The time it takes for Snapchat to review a geofilter can vary depending on the number of submissions in the queue. If there is a high volume of filters being submitted at a given time, it may take longer for your filter to be reviewed.
- Complexity: The complexity of your geofilter design can also influence the review time. Filters with intricate designs or multiple elements may require additional time for review.
- Accuracy of Submission: It is important to ensure that your geofilter submission meets all of Snapchat’s guidelines and requirements. If there are any issues or errors in your submission, it may delay the review process.
While Snapchat does not provide an exact timeline for geofilter review, it is generally recommended to submit your filter at least one week in advance of your desired start date. This allows for ample time for the review process and any necessary revisions.
Once your geofilter has been reviewed and approved, it will be available for use during the specified time and location. It is important to note that geofilters are typically only available for a certain duration, typically ranging from a few hours to several days.
In summary, the length of time it takes for Snapchat to review a geofilter can vary depending on factors such as the submission queue, complexity of the design, and accuracy of the submission. It is best to submit your geofilter in advance and allow time for review and potential revisions.
Creating and submitting a geofilter on Snapchat requires following a specific set of steps. The following guide will walk you through the process:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon or Bitmoji on the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “Settings”.
- In the Settings menu, tap on “On-Demand Geofilters”.
- Tap on “Create new filter”.
- Select the type of geofilter you want to create: Community, Business, or Personal.
- Choose a template from the available options or upload your own design.
- Customize the geofilter by adding text, stickers, or illustrations.
- Review your design to ensure it adheres to Snapchat’s geofilter guidelines.
- Set the date and time for the geofilter to be active.
- Define the geofence, the area where the geofilter will be available.
- Preview the geofilter on the map to verify its location.
- Provide additional information requested, such as your business name and address.
- Review and confirm your geofilter submission.
- Wait for Snapchat to review your geofilter, which typically takes 1-3 business days.
- If approved, you will receive an email notification and be able to purchase your geofilter.
- Once purchased, the geofilter will be available within the designated area and time frame.
It is important to note that Snapchat’s review process may take longer during peak periods, such as holidays or special events. It is recommended to submit your geofilter well in advance to ensure it is approved and ready when you need it.
Following these steps will help you successfully create and submit a geofilter on Snapchat. Enjoy designing your own personalized geofilters to enhance your Snapchat experience!
Submitting a Geofilter for Review
Once you have created a geofilter design for Snapchat, you can submit it for review. Follow these steps to submit your geofilter:
- Login to your Snapchat account.
- Click on your profile icon or Bitmoji in the top left corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “On-Demand Geofilters.”
- Select “Create New Geofilter.”
- Choose the date and time range for your geofilter to be available.
- Draw or upload your geofilter design.
- Add a geofence by dragging and resizing the blue shape on the map.
- Enter the necessary information, such as the name and description of your geofilter.
- Review the details and click on “Submit.”
After submitting your geofilter, it will go through a review process by the Snapchat team. The review process typically takes about one business day, but it can take up to a few business days depending on the volume of submissions. During the review process, Snapchat ensures that the geofilter meets the community guidelines and quality standards.
Once your geofilter is approved, you will receive a confirmation email from Snapchat. You can then select the area where you want your geofilter to be available and set the duration for its availability.
|The design contains inappropriate content
|Remove any offensive or inappropriate elements from your design.
|The design is too similar to an existing geofilter
|Create a unique design that stands out from existing geofilters.
|The design violates copyright or intellectual property laws
|Ensure that your design is an original creation or that you have the necessary rights to use copyrighted material.
|The design is low-quality or unclear
|Create a high-quality design with clear and legible elements.
Once your geofilter is approved and available, Snapchat users in the selected area will be able to access and use it within the specified date and time range.
Once you have submitted your geofilter design to Snapchat for review, it goes through a step-by-step process before it is approved or rejected. Here is a breakdown of the review process:
- Submission: After creating your geofilter design, you need to submit it through the Snapchat website or app. Provide all the necessary details, such as the location, duration, and any specific guidelines.
- Initial Review: Snapchat will conduct an initial review of your geofilter to ensure it meets their guidelines and policies. This review typically takes around 1-2 business days.
- Detailed Review: If your geofilter passes the initial review, it will undergo a more detailed review. Snapchat’s team will examine the design, text, and overall quality of the geofilter. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a week.
- Feedback and Revisions: If there are any issues or concerns with your geofilter design during the detailed review, Snapchat will provide feedback and suggestions for revisions. You will have the opportunity to make the necessary changes and resubmit the design for further review.
- Final Review: Once you have made the requested revisions, Snapchat will conduct a final review of your geofilter. This review ensures that all the necessary changes have been made and that your geofilter now meets their guidelines. This final review process typically takes 1-2 business days.
- Approval or Rejection: Finally, after the final review, Snapchat will either approve or reject your geofilter design. If approved, your geofilter will become available for use within the designated location and duration. If rejected, Snapchat will provide a reason for the rejection, and you will have the option to make further revisions and resubmit your design.
It’s important to note that the review process times may vary depending on the volume of submissions and other factors. It’s recommended to submit your geofilter design well in advance to allow sufficient time for the review process.
Factors Affecting Review Time
When submitting a geofilter for review on Snapchat, the review time can vary depending on a few different factors. These factors include:
- Number of Submissions: The review time may be longer if there is a high volume of geofilter submissions. Snapchat receives a large number of submissions daily, so it may take longer to review and approve new geofilters during peak times.
- Complexity of Design: If the design of the geofilter is complex or has intricate details, it may take longer for Snapchat to review. Geofilters with simpler designs are typically reviewed more quickly.
- Adherence to Guidelines: Geofilters that comply with Snapchat’s guidelines are more likely to be approved faster. If a geofilter violates any of the guidelines, it may take longer for the review process to be completed as adjustments or modifications may be required.
- Quality of Submission: High-quality submissions with clear graphics and appropriate sizing are more likely to be reviewed faster. Poor-quality submissions may require additional time for Snapchat to review and provide feedback.
- Special Events or Holidays: During busy periods such as holidays or special events, the review time for geofilters may be extended due to the increased number of submissions and the higher demand for geofilters during these times.
It is important to note that Snapchat does not provide an exact timeline for geofilter review. However, by considering these factors, users can have a better understanding of why the review time may vary and what they can do to potentially expedite the process.
Avoiding Common Mistakes
When creating a geofilter for Snapchat, it’s important to avoid common mistakes that can lead to rejection or a longer review process. Here are some tips to help you avoid these pitfalls:
Keep it relevant:
Make sure your geofilter design is relevant to the location or event it is intended for. Snapchat is more likely to approve filters that are specific to a certain area or occasion, rather than generic designs.
Avoid copyright infringement:
Do not use any copyrighted images, logos, or trademarks in your geofilter design. Snapchat takes copyright infringement seriously and will reject filters that contain any unauthorized content.
Avoid excessive text:
Snapchat prefers geofilters with minimal text. Aim for a simple and visually appealing design that does not rely heavily on text. If you do include text, make sure it is clear, easy to read, and directly related to the location or event.
Avoid offensive or inappropriate content:
The content of your geofilter should be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive, explicit, or controversial material. Snapchat has strict guidelines for content and filters that violate these guidelines will not be approved.
Use high-quality graphics:
Make sure your geofilter design is created using high-quality graphics and properly formatted images. Avoid pixelated or blurry designs, as they are more likely to be rejected by Snapchat.
Follow the guidelines:
Read and follow Snapchat’s geofilter guidelines carefully. These guidelines provide specific requirements for size, file format, transparency, and other technical aspects. Failing to meet these requirements can result in rejection or a longer review process.
Submit your geofilter design well in advance of the desired start date. Snapchat’s review process can take up to several weeks, especially during busy periods or for larger events. Submitting your filter early will give you time to make any necessary adjustments and ensure it is approved in time.
Receiving Approval Notification
After submitting your geofilter for review, you will receive a notification from Snapchat regarding the approval status. The notification will be sent to the email address associated with your Snapchat account. Keep an eye on your inbox for this important message!
If your geofilter is approved, the email notification will contain the details of the approval, including the dates and times it will be active, as well as any specific areas or locations where it will be available. This information will allow you to plan and promote your geofilter accordingly.
However, if your geofilter is not approved, the email notification will explain the reason for the rejection. It may include suggestions to make improvements to your design or provide more information on what guidelines were violated. It’s important to carefully review this feedback and make the necessary adjustments before resubmitting your geofilter.
Once you have made the necessary changes, you can resubmit your geofilter for review. The review process typically takes around 1-2 business days, but it may vary depending on the volume of submissions Snapchat is currently receiving.
Remember, it’s important to carefully read and follow Snapchat’s guidelines when creating your geofilter to increase your chances of getting approved. Pay attention to their size and file format requirements, avoid using logos or trademarks that you do not have permission to use, and ensure that your design is appropriate for the intended audience.
Now that you know what to expect when it comes to receiving approval notification for your geofilter, you can eagerly await the email and start planning how to engage your Snapchat audience with your incredible design!
Campaign Start Date and Timeframe
Once your geofilter submission has been approved by Snapchat, you can choose the start date and timeframe for your campaign. This allows you to specify exactly when and for how long your geofilter will be available to Snapchat users in your chosen location.
The start date is the day your geofilter will become active, and the timeframe is the duration of your campaign. You can select a start date that is as early as the next day or choose a later start date if you prefer. Keep in mind that you should select a start date that gives you enough time to promote your geofilter to your target audience.
The timeframe for your campaign can range from a few hours to several weeks. It is important to consider your budget and the goals of your campaign when determining the duration. Shorter campaigns may create a sense of urgency and exclusivity, while longer campaigns allow for extended exposure and reach.
When setting the start date and timeframe, keep in mind the following considerations:
- Plan ahead: Give yourself enough time to create and submit your geofilter design, as well as to allow for Snapchat’s review process.
- Consider event dates: If your geofilter is designed for a specific event, make sure to choose a start date that aligns with the event’s timeframe.
- Budget constraints: Longer campaigns require a larger budget, so consider your financial limitations when determining the duration.
- Target audience availability: Understand when your target audience is most likely to use Snapchat within the chosen location, and consider aligning your campaign timeframe accordingly.
By carefully selecting the campaign start date and timeframe, you can maximize the impact and effectiveness of your geofilter campaign on Snapchat. Remember to continuously monitor your campaign’s performance and make adjustments as needed to achieve your desired results.
How long does it take for Snapchat to review Geofilters?
It typically takes Snapchat around one business day to review Geofilters. However, during busy times such as holidays, it may take longer.
What is the process for Snapchat to review Geofilters?
The process for Snapchat to review Geofilters involves submitting the design through the Snapchat website or app, providing location details, selecting the date and time for the Geofilter to be active, and waiting for Snapchat’s review and approval process.
Can I track the progress of my Geofilter review?
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to track the progress of your Geofilter review. Snapchat does not provide any updates or notifications during the review process.
Why does it sometimes take longer for Snapchat to review Geofilters?
Snapchat’s review process for Geofilters can take longer during busy periods, such as holidays, when there is a higher volume of submissions. Additionally, if there are any issues with your Geofilter design or location details, it may require additional time for review and approval.